The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok just for shooting the breeze with. what is the biggest area/tonnes harvested in one season and region and what was the machine?

not talking from personal experience, i am sure blue leaf will correct me but i believe the best i know of is the cr9080 in his pictures thread came from a bloke in quariding in western australia where the machine is used to take off 16000acres. don't know how many tonnes it is but i do know he grows a few 3.5t/ha barley crops(62bu for the canadians and americans,21bags for older aussies) so not really just light crops. but that is some effort.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
16000 acres makes my 2500 seem kinda weak. I'm sure some of the custom cutters are now up to that amount.

McKays in Lethbridge always has a bunch of high houred late model Deeres that I'm sure have come off a custom crew. Quick math 700 hours at 20 acre an hour is 14000 acres on a one year old machine.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the problem of beating the figure is always going to come down to figures. some areas of the west australian wheatbelt can run 24 hours a day for weeks on end. i am sure there are some who approach it. where i live a 700 hour machine has done 4 or five seasons. my cts11 will do 20 acres and hour most of the time. this big CR with a 40ft front would not have to do much over 12km/h to do 40 acres which would make a 400 seperator hour season. conditions are often in the mid thirties (95degreesF) and you can really get a rotary to haul. a seventy hour week which is conservative for the area 10 hours per day mid to early november start(traditional) and still finnished by Christmas day.

·
Registered
705 Posts
He must have lots of personal grain storage close to the field or very light crops.

My TR98 will keep up with one semi.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts