The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting up a few bins next spring. They will all have the opi temp cables in them. What's the best reader to get for these? Is there only the one style? Would be nice to connect to a computer in the office someday.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I have the blue opi monitor. Works well for me. Can get them from UFA but they are black now. Not sure if they are better or not? I got mine years ago from Clews Storage Management. They were telling me I should upgrade to a new monitor system that reads every hour or so, all tied in with a router into your home wifi. Transmits to my cell phone when ever the temp is moving. Would also alert me if someone was emptying my bin. So I could be in the yard and get a text that my grain was starting to heat or on vacation. I decided to keep what I have as it works and I can work it. Plus I drive by the bins every morning to get feed for my cows so I just get out and hook it up.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Putting up a few bins next spring. They will all have the opi temp cables in them. What's the best reader to get for these? Is there only the one style? Would be nice to connect to a computer in the office someday.
This may be really old info but in 1998 I put cables in some bins, then again in 2005 and at that time there were 2 different readers. I already had the old style and it works on all the bins that I have. Can't remember if it was the cables or the reader or both that were incompatible. With mine you have to hook up the reader to each bin and step through from 0 to 7 sensors and write the temp down in the book.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.