The Combine Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at renting a neighbours bins next year, he wants a bid on them, I haven't rented bins in some time, just wondering what the going rate is these days. 5000 bushel flat bottoms for the most part with aeration, some smaller bins on hopper. This will be going in with a bid on his land if i get it.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Used to rent a neighbour bins for 400 bucks per bin. They were flat bottom 5k bins

·
Premium Member
2,807 Posts
I have paid around 0.04 per month for some older 3200 or so bushel bins. No air, door unload. Owner does not like using them. They have cone dug into ground. I guess the idea was to make a hopper under the bin. Kind of a pain to unload. Better than piling on ground. I only use them for a few months after harvest. I think elevators charge around 3-5 cents is why we went with this price.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Looking at renting a neighbours bins next year, he wants a bid on them, I haven't rented bins in some time, just wondering what the going rate is these days. 5000 bushel flat bottoms for the most part with aeration, some smaller bins on hopper. This will be going in with a bid on his land if i get it.
If you win, do you get to use the aeration? Or do you pay extra if you run the fans? Something to consider...

Andrew

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you win, do you get to use the aeration? Or do you pay extra if you run the fans? Something to consider...

Andrew
Update to this is I went with .10 per bushel, for everything, flat, hopper, and aeration. 60,000 storage, I have my own gen-sets and fans for the aeration so I don't worry about if he is going to want money for power or anything else.

·
Premium Member
2,807 Posts
3-4 cents per month here for bins like that.

Hence why I bag
What does it cost to bag? Looks like a pain. I see a few guys do it and I see big holes in the bags after a few months. How much for the equipment to bag and unbag? I have never seen how bagging looks good if any bins are available. That or just pile it on the ground and clean it up ASAP after harvest. Asking since I have never looked into it seriously.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
What does it cost to bag? Looks like a pain. I see a few guys do it and I see big holes in the bags after a few months. How much for the equipment to bag and unbag? I have never seen how bagging looks good if any bins are available. That or just pile it on the ground and clean it up ASAP after harvest. Asking since I have never looked into it seriously.

Think the bags themselves are around 800 each for a 10k bag. Used bags a bit, I get them off the ground asap. With extractor can fill a superb in 20 mins, very slick when everthing works. Beats having a monster pile on the ground. Not sure what they rent for any more, think Flamans used to rent a bagger for the season for 10k. Extractor was around 700 bucks a day. This was years ago it may have changed

Reactions: SWFarmService

·
Premium Member
2,807 Posts
So, at .08 for a new bag then I haul around 3200 bushels per day as the elevator is 40 miles away. 700 per day for extractor. Takes a bit over 3 days per bag. I will just say 3 days. rounded down to .10 per bag. Not considering the closest place to rent from is 2 hours away. I will say I would bag 40-80K bushels per year. At 80K that would be around 22-23 cents per bushel total. Kinda skipped a few steps in my math there. With all the hassle of dealing with bags and getting the equipment 2 hours away from me. For me, I will stick with the bins I rent as long as they are available.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.