The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all just wondering what other farmers are finding or thinking of spraying molasses on there country to feed there microbes or using other natural bio liquid fertilizer such as worm liquid preparation's or R.U.M compared to the more traditional way of granular fertilizing such as urea. I have heard using the liquid forms improves the soil structure and better moisture holding.

regards
nimala

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
The non fert camp around here spray out alot of worm juice in crop. It test out ok for the $$ for n and s. Sounds like hippy powder is all the rage on seed, I think it is worm castings ground to powder. Some seem to grow good crops but hard to know how much gear there spraying out and would love to see some soil tests as to what p levels are doing.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just ask for some research results from an independant source ie.university or govt lab.
If the worm juice is any good someone has studied it and has results to show other than the company selling it

·
Registered
584 Posts
A neighbor of mine mix molasses and urea with his fungicide spray mix... the molasses supposedly lessens the burning effect on the leaves from the urea...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.