The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone interested in talking about Bison Rotors in 8120 and 8010's? I have about 3 years experience running these machines with the Bison Rotor and have nothing buy good news about this rotor. Any discussion would be great. I will check back daily.

·
Registered
330 Posts
What crops do you run them in? How do they do in hard threshing spring wheat? How about other crops like barley, canola, flax and oil sunflowers? Do the combine settings change much from the oem rotor? Just curious.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Have you had a chance to run them along side the AFX and Small Tube? How do they compare in HRW wheat, Milo, and Corn? Are there any cob breakage issues?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Did you run the AFX before you put the Bison in? We have Bisons in a 2188 and 1688 and love them too but the rub bars are made out of cheese. We are looking into having some chrome ones made for them. We ran ours in corn for the first time this year and they did great. Great capacity and no rotor loss. I really like the adjustable pins at the rear of the rotor because it stirs and combs the crop mat to reduce rotor loss. I'll be interested in hearing how you like yours in the big machines.

·
Registered
43 Posts
We have a modified all crop bison for 2188, we are looking at getting another all crop for are 1688 also, and we also have an all bean rotor. we have been running them for about 5 years now and are very impressed. we have bean concaves for dry beans and soy beans. we have an 8010 with the afx in it that works very well to.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
google bison rotor, hurtt equiptment in hoople, nd is one dealer, talk to dan he is service manager, has lots of experience, ps hes a gleaner man, scott.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I did call James @ Northern Plains Equipment with no return... I have questions pertaining to CaseIH that I guess is why I didn't try Hurtt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts