The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anybody using any of these products this year?
Black Label
Krugler
Take Off
All are top dress fertilizer/biological combinations of NPKS, Boron, Zinc, Manganese, Zinc.....etc etc.

There is more and more talk of guys using these but I'm not 100% convinced. I am going to try a test strip this year. I mainly grow Canola, Wheat, Barley, and Oats.

What has everyone's results been? Optimum Timing? Water Levels?
Any other recommendations for different products?
TIA

·
Registered
19 Posts
I recently saw an ad that Kugler products will increase your canola yield by 30 bus/acre. No mention of what testing has shown these increases are possible, where testing was done or what the increase is based on. Seems like a US company looking for a quick cash grab north of the border, then will fade out. I've used trace elements for years, generally see a decent response, enough to justify the continued use. I'd stick with Take Off or Black Label as they are proven. In the end, mother nature dictates final yield, but these products help limit environmental impact in some situations.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
And if you call right now we will through in a second case for free. Is this sold the home shopping channel? What a joke. I know someone on here has used it, maybe he will chime in. I don't have much faith in any of these products. The independents get pretty good kick backs on this type of stuff and that's why they push it so hard.

·
Registered
727 Posts
We had some test plots in our soybeans last year to try zinc and manganese applied with 2nd application of glyphosate. Manganese made no difference but the zinc was 2-3 bushels better than untreated. I am going to spray 320 acres of a 640 acre field with zinc this year and see if we get similar results.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.