The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for your replies to my blown hyd line. Case doesnt make this part anymore, none of the wreckers have one, and no one in huron county ontario had the right fittings to make up a hose. So i welded it. The crack welded perfect but when I put the line back on we crossthreaded the fitting I and losing 4 liters of oil every 10 acres. now my auger keeps slipping in the tall beans does anyone know how to tighten the slip clutch on an older 1020 head? ive got 4 people on the phone wondering when they can get their beans done. Heck of a day.

regards Dave

·
Registered
735 Posts
don't know size of your line, I asume it is a flare fitting, but can you tap fitting and or nut or if you can't find tap or die buy a fitting either new or used, don't matter what other end is, but cut male threads lengthwise 90 degrees from each other which will make a thread chaser then coat threads with a quality liquid thread sealant.
sometimes you can also get lucky and restart threads straight.
Try someting instead of sitting

·
Registered
94 Posts
Avidly, did you check with Brian Cook at Home of Spare Parts, Shakespheare or Teeswater Agri Parts, Teeswater they should be able to help you out on the line and fitting. I've welded lots of them and they work fine. To tighten the slip clutch open the left cover and you should see the slip clutch, tigthen the hold down bolts a turn (usually need to hold backside of bolt and tigthen nut) this should get you going. Lots of time if it's slipped to much the fibre disc glazes over and it's difficult to get it to grip without complete teardown and roughen up the disc face.

John

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
No fittings? Where did you take it apart to ask about fittings?

The steel lines do use a goofy "flex" like fitting where they hook up to an adaptor at the pump and motor. That adaptor is removable and is usually an o-ring fit. You should easily be able to get a hose made with o-ring ends that can go from pump to motor. I know there is likely a coupler inline about half way, and that coupler may be a standard fitting design so you can try hooking in there, but from pump to motor should be standard o-ring fittings. Dont try to hook into the steel line adaptors, those are a different fitting design.

I had a steel line blow in my 1680 and that's what I did was bypass those steel line adaptors. However the 1680 has that inline coupler I mentioned so I was able to hook in there, just above the fan to shaker system. My machine is older than yours so........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts