The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2004 Bobcat T180 with about 1100hrs on it. I was working it fairly hard the other day and the hydralics started to get sluggish. When I stopped the loader lifted slow and a little jumpy and if I moved forward slow it would go but if I pushed the levers all the way ahead it sounded like it was trying to work but wouldnt go. The filters were all changed last week except for the little brass inline hyd's ones under the cab so I changed them. Tried again and same thing....after trying several times it now wont do anything. After reading online I decided it could be the hyd pressure sensor as the light would somtimes come on. Made no differance but now the light and buzzer are on all the time. I need to find a guage and check hyd pressures. Any other ideas?? I hope its not the charge pump!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I dont know a whole lot about bobcat, but by chance did you check the main pump drive belt? 1100 hrs isnt much, but 10 years is a lot on a belt. symptoms sound like a belt that is slipping or comming unraveled. The drive motors on the 190's were the one's with trouble, but if you changed the case drain filters (little brass ones) and found no obvious metal or brass shavings, then i wouldnt suspect a pump or motor. Just spitballing!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya the main pump belt seems fine....and no issues with the filters. Weird part is we started it today and drove ahead very slowly and was able to drive it 50ft. I talked to a Bobcat mechanic today who has his own side business....he is supposed to come out on Mon.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Problem solved....very dumb on my part. The belt that I was checking was the small V belt with the spring tensioner. What I didnt relize was there was a main serpentine belt running off the flywheel to another pully that runs the other belt. The serpentine belt tensioner came loose and the belt is in poor shape.....simple fix!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts