The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
congrats...i hear there nice...all of the local one's owners have had alot better luck than most on here or people who talk about them at times..

we finally graded our 1083 head for the 3408 head for the 6088 were getting... have you looked the corn head over good and what do you think..

also there's a addon to the sides of the snouts...

Case IH stainless steel ware plates part no. 87528038

Ask if those are on the head if not get them!!! they can either rivet on or bolt on i believe...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Traded off our 02 2388 for a 06 8010 and a new 3412 head. What dos we need to look at. Its going through their shop first and they have several 8010's around. This one only has 400 rotor hours on it. The guy who had it said it was a good machine and they traded for a 8120. It only had a 8 row on it before so you know it hasn't been pushed hard. TIA. Also thinkin about a hopper extension? Any thoughts on that

·
Registered
717 Posts
You will like the 8010 I have had mine for 3 years and luv it. As far as a hopper extention I would look at a michels. With that one you have a tarp on it so you can cover the hopper in case the machine stays out in the field overnight.

Joe

·
Registered
301 Posts
If you plan on unloading every night and store your machine in a shed during the offseason just get a vertical 6" or 12" extension for the top of the existing factory folding extension. I know the crary's fold into the factory extension for the same clearance height folded down.

http://www.crary.com/brochures/Big_Top.pdf

http://www.maurermfg.com/

I don't know if maurer's folds flat, but I would imagine it does.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I like the new corn head. I think it will be a good blend of both companys instead of trying to force feed us re branded New Holland Stuff. Glad they put a bearing back on the front of the stalk rolls. We ran a 2208 for 3 years but I miss my 1083. Dealer was talking about ripping off the factory extension and adding a mauer extension. If that crary would bolt on I think that would be the route to go.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah not really sure why they picked the jd copied new holland corn head.. but nice to see them make some what looks like good changes

·
Registered
809 Posts
I hope that your 06 8010 has good power, they had a few 06 machines that didn't, you will need it with a 3412 cornhead.

What monitor is in it? The color Pro 600?

As far as corn head design goes................they could not have timed it worse........just when tough BT hybreds were coming on they change to the "John Deere" style head....then they play catchup for the next ? years.

·
Registered
43 Posts
It has the Pro 600 monitor and I talked to the previous owner and he said he had plenty of power. But like i said before he only had an 8 row on it. I was just wandering where the wear points are on this machine. What do I need to look out for. I know its going through the dealers shop but I like to know as much about this machine as I can. Hopefully if things go well we'll trade for another one after this fall.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Mmmmm

Make sure where the feeder house mount onto the main frame has the reinforsement plates on it. I had to do mine last summer. Plus make sure your tailing propellers are not built up with crap.

·
Registered
43 Posts
We have 3 1000 bu carts and 3 semi's and 4 600 bushel wagons. Getting it hauled away is no problem. We have ran 2 8 rows before and we can handle it barely on the weekends when we have extra help. We wanted to be more efficient all the time so thats why we went to a 12 row instead of trying to run 2 8's on the weekends.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Software Versions

Quick Question what are the current software numbers for a 06 8010. Just want to make I have them for the new rig before it comes home.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Now...i would go to the next Deere dealer and trade it in for a combine:) Good one...lol But....

John Deere makes a combine? I always heard it was a self seeding system...LOL

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
aj, case hase new feeder chain links, not them darm j clips, link is a self locking nut have dealer put them in, spendy, feeder chains have been a pain,case wants them on pull together, need to match each, case can go to 21 version software i believe, you have older software, can select power boost in engine section if i rememeber right, will give old girl full power, any other questions ask away, work on these BEASTS, scott. put a sixteen row and have fun

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ive been wanting to ask this question for a while so here it goes..

Why in the heck is the feeder chain such a hard thing to figure out... never was on the 14xx to 25xx....

Also if this is such a pain in the [email protected]@ why not go back to the 25's kind and use a better system.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts