The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm just curious if anyone else has had this problem.

We have a Bourgault 3310 phd and this year our hydraulics locked up on our openers and wing lift hydraulics, wing lift pressure went above 3000 psi. We ended up opening up the hydraulic block that the openers and wings feed into so we could reduce the pressure and changed tips. After that, everything was working fine again. Everything was hooked up correctly and no hydraulic hoses popped out that would have caused the lock, and we've had trouble before with the openers locking up (usually once or twice a year for no real reason).

What could be going on here? Our tractor also "bleeds" hydraulic oil out of the overflow whenever its hooked up to the drill. It's a JD 9530, and bourgault and john deere each blame each other for why it does that. So, any idea what's causing the hydraulics to act up like this? Any ideas and help would be appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a good idea. I'll see what I can find tommorow in the manuals

·
Registered
27 Posts
We had the same issue with a 3310 tow between cart. The Hyd couplers between the cart and the drill were different styles. The male end would have the pointed tip and the female would be the round end style or vise versa. Seemed like that was enough to trigger the lockout. Changed them out to the same style and didnt have an issue again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts