The Combine Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I am looking at a new drill. A bourgault 3320 86 ft on 12” spacing with MRBs and 7950 cart. Was thinking our 9630 with triples fully weighted and high flow pump could pull it but didn’t know if this will be enough to pull it? We are for the most part flat with some mild rolling hills. Have anything from sand to heavy clay. Any insight on this will be would be great!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Not sure on Deere numbering system, is 9630 a new tractor or older model? If its the older model it won’t have enough hydraulics.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Pulled a 76ft and 7950 tank with a 9630. No problem on flat land but not enough traction in the hills....it was fully weighted up with cast. Thinking if you don’t have hills, you could pull 86’. 78 gal pump no issue with this drill.

·
Registered
17 Posts
We are pulling a 3320 60ft 9inch spacing and MRB pulling with a 620 quad. In general its ok. On hills its got all it wants. 9650 cart. Without the MRB you would be ok. Them MRBs take power. I pulled a 54 ft 5710 with a 350 bu cart and MRBs with a 450 years back. On the general flat ground it did ok, but in the hills I ran out of traction. 710 duals with the full weight package.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Pulled a 76ft and 7950 tank with a 9630. No problem on flat land but not enough traction in the hills....it was fully weighted up with cast. Thinking if you don’t have hills, you could pull 86’. 78 gal pump no issue with this drill.
78 gal is hardly going to be enough if cart has high capacity fans and your jamming 450+ pounds of product down 2 shoots. I could be wrong but each fan needs 30gpm and cart ASC and meters need a couple. And drill will need 20.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Was your 76’ 12” or 10” spacing? And did you have triples or 800 duals?
We haven’t chipped our 9630 yet so it should be around 530hp and 78 Gal pump. From what I understand on their website is both fans combined are anywhere from 30 to 44 gal total depending on what fan you get. I’m not sure what comes on most 7950 carts. Drill recommended with MRBs and 12” is 25 Gal by their website. But that’s all on paper lol I don’t want to be riding the line to close either. Seems like MRBs at proper depth is going to be the big power hog

·
Registered
417 Posts
78 gal is hardly going to be enough if cart has high capacity fans and your jamming 450+ pounds of product down 2 shoots. I could be wrong but each fan needs 30gpm and cart ASC and meters need a couple. And drill will need 20.
I don't think the hydraulics will be enough. I have a 7950 with two of the biggest fans hooked up to Seedhawk 70'.
My best guess is you will need 15 for hydraulic meters, 15 - 20 for MRBS and openers, depending on which fan about 20 - 35 each. Can you add a pump to the Deere? You could have plugging issues when you are raising or lowering the drill.

Not sure about hp, but I would guess at times you would be under powered, majority of time fine.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Was your 76’ 12” or 10” spacing? And did you have triples or 800 duals?
We haven’t chipped our 9630 yet so it should be around 530hp and 78 Gal pump. From what I understand on their website is both fans combined are anywhere from 30 to 44 gal total depending on what fan you get. I’m not sure what comes on most 7950 carts. Drill recommended with MRBs and 12” is 25 Gal by their website. But that’s all on paper lol I don’t want to be riding the line to close either. Seems like MRBs at proper depth is going to be the big power hog
800 duals...IF’s probably would’ve helped...not sure if triples are better. Drill is 12” spacing with one high capacity fan and one high speed fan with ASC. Highest pounds I pushed through the hoses was 400lbs, never plugged. Only made two headlands...78gal lifted and lowered the drill timely.
I would still be using that tractor if it wasn’t for traction issues.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Std Fan needs about 18gpm at max rate, a HC fan takes approx 24gpm at max, the HP fan needs about 30 but not many 9950's were spec'd with them and they are only offered on the fertilizer side, the metering system uses 5 all the time.

if it has 2 HC fans the cart will require ~53 gpm on it own. If it has 1 HC and 1 HP your looking at 59gpm running everything at maximum. That normally doesn't happen as usually the max fertilizer is used with canola, so then the seed side fan is nowhere near max. but with 86' they will be running higher than most others as it has to push the product so far.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. So from what you’re saying hardrock acres I should have enough flow as long as I’m not running both fans at max all the time which shouldn’t happen because the other fan will be seed. If I have the hydraulic flow, do you think the triples and max weight will handle it alright for traction and hp? I hate to be on the shy side but what could I be lacking traction or hp?
Next significant jump in tractor has a big price tag behind it haha
Joesixpack I take it you mean the same setup I’m looking to pull?

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
Yes, exact same drill and tractor, I cant say about hydraulic options or how it’s ballasted but it seems to pull it fine. Can’t really break and speed records any ways with those drills.

·
Registered
839 Posts
You do end up usually running Seed fan circuit more open then you think. That circuit feeds ASC and meters and Fan. So usually takes more oil then you think.

Your problem will be traction with that tractor if it gets wet or ground is spongey.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks joesixpack, that’s very good to know we’re pretty flat here so hopefully it’ll work out.
What tractor would you recommend then if I’m going to be lacking traction? Thinking tracks? We’re mostly Deere out here but some guys going to versatile. I’d go Case but dealer is to far away.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts