The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered if anyone out there has a 1 inch seed tube on there MRB's ? I know they have a large seed kit to increase it to 1.25 inch. Having trouble deciding on blockage so was just curious if bigger tubes are neccessary

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
Used to be double 1", now replaced by 1.25". Much better setup for sure! I had one 1.25" partially block this spring (stuff still came out when I checked but those 2 rows are yellow???) Apart from that one time in 2 years I have had no plugging issues. There always seems to be some little lumps in urea.:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
5,169 Posts
Used to be double 1", now replaced by 1.25". Much better setup for sure! I had one 1.25" partially block this spring (stuff still came out when I checked but those 2 rows are yellow???) Apart from that one time in 2 years I have had no plugging issues. There always seems to be some little lumps in urea.:rolleyes:
You don't use the 1/2" X 1/2" screen BG supplies on the hopper?
Some little lumps you say!:eek:
That crap they extort for these days will sometimes have 1/2 a shovelful of lumps on a 15 T fill!:mad:
I never plugged any lines due to lumps and the fertilizer would have been unusable without that screen.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
You don't use the 1/2" X 1/2" screen BG supplies on the hopper?
Some little lumps you say!:eek:
That crap they extort for these days will sometimes have 1/2 a shovelful of lumps on a 15 T fill!:mad:
I never plugged any lines due to lumps and the fertilizer would have been unusable without that screen.:rolleyes:
I do use that screen and it works wonderfully except if you don't have it centered or crowd it the product can run over the edge of it.

I agree with the quality issue, one load I had to sit by the hopper and continually run my hand back-and-forth across the screen to break up lumps.:rolleyes:

My main issue with plugging this year was more with stickers from the tank coming off and ending up in a manifold.:eek: Also several times the hose downstream came unattached from the blockage monitor because of the poor clamping system. Kind of defeats the purpose of a blockage monitor.... Time to get out the duct tape!:D

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
We had a load of blend fertilizer that had rocks and hard fertilizer lumps. 1/2" screen took care of most of them, screened it once out of the bin and again going Into air cart. There is the odd oblong shaped piece that will get through though, and with Morris's flat fan type distributor then can catch in the way out and still
Manage to plug the hole! For the $$$ we pay...you would think it would be a super clean product. Especially since most of it is factory direct to farm!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.