The Combine Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at this Bourgault 5710 that is a 40 footer. It has 9.8 inch spacing and has MRBers. It has the 5350 air cart. I'm just concerned about power and GPM hydraulic flow. I have a Ford 9680 and a 3970. Mostly thinking about using the 9680 on the drill. I'm concerned about power and hydraulic GPM. What does everyone think?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

· Registered
180 Posts
I pull a 40 foot 5710 1" openers 10" spacing with an 876 versy turned to 300 hp. And a L5350. Once you get rolling it's not problem pulling. I seed at 4.5 mph. I think it's rated for 28 gpm hydraulics. Runs one fan just fine and doesn't slow fan when lifting but I feel it should lift faster. 3 headlands works good. 9680 will have lots of ponies to pull that.

Can't say for midrows.

· Registered
13 Posts
Got a 5710, 40 feet, 5250, no mid row banders. Pull it with a 8570 JD. 250 hp. Seed at 3.5 for canola. 4.0 for cereals. Power isn't an issue, but footing can be in wet spots. Double castor wheels all the way across, but if it's a bit of a soft spot, down they go and you're hooped.

· Registered
474 Posts
Used to pull 54’ with MRB’s and a 1“ atom jet vertical knife. Had a 5440 behind the drill on a 9680 with dual fans and then a 6550 on a 9682. It was awhile ago now but I don’t recall having any issues with hydraulic flow on the 80, fans dropped a bit on the headlands I think but never caused any issues. Always ran a 2 round headland. Had Cummins out to tweak the pump on both of them but also have some pretty sharp hills to deal with. Will likely depend on your soil but I don’t think you’ll have any trouble.

· Registered
131 Posts
There was a dealer installed upgrade on many 9680's to boost hydraulics to near 50 gpm. Perhaps yours has the upgrade. I had a 9480 without the upgrade at 30 gpm and was busy running a mechanical flexicoil cart. if you don't have hydraulic meter drives or constant pressure drill openers, you should be adequate if only at 30.

· Registered
47 Posts
Bourgault fans are very friendly for flow usage. Each fan should take 9 GPM depending on size and straightness of your hydraulic lines. I pulled this exact unit with a Case 9170 that has around the same GPM with no problems. Now I have a Morris cart with the big fan and have trouble lifting at the ends if I have the fan set too high. Where you run into trouble is with the drills that need active hydraulic down pressure like a seedhawk, seedmaster, john deere, or newer 3310+ Bourgault. What you have is about as GPM friendly as you can get with double shoot.

· Registered
1,767 Posts
This old girl would pull it with 3 inch openers and MRBs in the ground. Just a bit shy on hydraulic flow. (22 GPM) The dual wing casters are a must.
Tire Sky Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle

· Registered
23 Posts
You should be fine on power OP. Showing 350 hp on that tractor.

We hook a 34 foot 5710, a 5350 cart, and twin 1000 gallon NH3 tanks up to a Deere 8770 (300 hp). Works well in all but the worst hills, which I just have to take going downhill 😁

1 - 18 of 18 Posts