The Combine Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting a warning saying Granular section 1,2,3,4,5 should be on. We're only using tanks 1 and 4. Warns every time we engage the drill in ground and throughout the day. Can't find any wires loose or anything else unusual. The shafts are working fine. Anyone have this happen before or clue what might be causing it? I wonder if the x30 needs software updating. 2015 model. thanks

·
Registered
867 Posts
Getting a warning saying Granular section 1,2,3,4,5 should be on. We're only using tanks 1 and 4. Warns every time we engage the drill in ground and throughout the day. Can't find any wires loose or anything else unusual. The shafts are working fine. Anyone have this happen before or clue what might be causing it? I wonder if the x30 needs software updating. 2015 model. thanks
Ours does the same thing. I complained/mentioned it the first and second year and no-one seemed to care or forgot. Anyways it's like second nature now to flip the switch to put the drill in the ground and hit the warning buzzer, never even notice it anymore even though it goes off every round.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
aww Yes, sectional control. the sensors must think the gates are closed when they should be open, but they actually are open. interesting.
It is usually is no big deal just to acknowledge the warning except when you have a 70 yr old father pushing the touch screen one too many time and getting off the main screen and can't figure out how to get back.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
BoGo has been doing some prototyping with ours and we have the latest firmware for sure and only seen that message once when I stoped with the implement in the ground and turned the fans off. It sat there clicking one fertilizer section on and off and that popped up on the screen. Turned the fans on and ok’d the message and it was gone.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Ours does the same thing. I complained/mentioned it the first and second year and no-one seemed to care or forgot. Anyways it's like second nature now to flip the switch to put the drill in the ground and hit the warning buzzer, never even notice it anymore even though it goes off every round.

You should check that the gate sensor is plugged into the right channel.

For example when the sectional commands gate 1 open the sensor for gate one needs to show its open.

There were drills sent out with that mixed up for sure.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Well as long as the gate actuator is hooked to the right channel and the hose routed to the correct section your alright seeding wise.

If the gate sensors are mixed up it just messes with it checking to see if the gate is open.

Now that I think some more about it though I think that would show up not painting the map properly.

Like on you section screen it first changes to orange when the section activates then green when it gets confirmation the gate activated by the gate sensor.

If that’s all working properly then I’m not sure where you look.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Not sure if the original poster has the same situation as me, but in response to others suggestions/comments. It paints on the screen correctly, the associated tower turning off shows correctly on the screen and in the field. Could it be because I amm running a seedhawk instead of a bourgualt drill.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Running x35 on Bourgault tank with Seedhawk drill and we aren’t getting these warnings. That would annoy the crap out of me. I’d definitely be calling BG direct to try to get some answers. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
Than tank and x30 wouldn’t even really know what drill is hooked up. It’s like some stupid little setting isn’t quit right, there are a couple places you can manually turn sections on and off, that is all proper ?

·
Registered
136 Posts
You can turn most if not all of your alarms off in the setup screen...I'm guessing that one can be shut off. Not the right fix but if everything is functioning properly, it will keep that chime and message from popping up.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Than tank and x30 wouldn’t even really know what drill is hooked up. It’s like some stupid little setting isn’t quit right, there are a couple places you can manually turn sections on and off, that is all proper ?

Hooked to a 3720, paint is working fine. All the other functions work, I can turn the sections off manually and the sections work in the field. that's what is puzzling, and I thought perhaps a wire was bare or some other physical malfunction.

·
Registered
361 Posts
You should check that the gate sensor is plugged into the right channel.

For example when the sectional commands gate 1 open the sensor for gate one needs to show its open.

There were drills sent out with that mixed up for sure.

Went through that issue. Out of 8 sections only 2 of the sensors were connected to the right wires.

·
Registered
361 Posts
The sensors on the gates are only there for the alarm. The painting on the monitor is entirely tied to the commands the monitor is sending to the gates. On the screen the section turns orange when the gate is signaled to open and green when seed should be hitting the ground based on the on time in the setup.

I have had one of the sensors go bad on me before. You can check to see if the sensors are working properly by having all the gates in the open position and checking on the back side of the sensor. If the sensor is working the led should light up (orange if I remember right). If there is no light there's a very good chance the sensor is bad.

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
I would be a bit more concerned with what's going on and check the LED's on the distributor as cr9060 suggests.

I fear that you may have crushed seeds or fertilizer in the corners at the bottom of the gate slots in the distributor preventing the gate from stroking to the bottom. This would make the gate's hole slightly misaligned in the primary port and cause some minor distribution effects. You can likely remove the outlet snorkels by loosening the clamp mechanism and then craft an L shaped pick to dislodge any compressed material from the track that the gate moves in, with the gate shifted to the up position.

This shouldn't be happening. The most likely cause is that you still have material flow when the gate is closing. I believe I have all meters set at one second OFF time to section, to prevent this. Off time to section is a different setting than section on/off time and is located on a different page. I also set the ON time to section at a short .5 or 1/2 second to prevent product from arriving at the gate before it's timed to open which can cause some phantom primary plugging issues, which you don't seem to have.

I had these warnings on a few occasions this spring when the tractor engine coded requiring an instant stop with the clutch pedal while planting. Sometimes the GPS would instantly sense it was on a planted area and slam the gates down in the product flow when the disc openers were now stopped and restricting the exit of airflow. I was always able to clear the slide after a single mishap by operating the gate showing the alarm by using the virtual switchboard on the display.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts