The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a Bourgault 90 foot 6000 Mid Harrow. Rear transport wheel fell in bridge hole and broke tubing that clamped to frame and had axle on it. Built another one as close as I could, but this fall it wouldn't unfold, You would back up forever and it would come together or go one way, try again and it might work. Had to tie a chain on and get it started to come out with the pickup pulling it too.
It follows behind the tractor straight and true on both sides, just doesn't want to unfold. So how should it be so that it unfolds? Must be some camber or something I didn't get right.
I only replaced the tubing as the axle plate I just welded back on.
I may have the 2 sides mixed up though but didn't think that would matter.
TIA

·
Registered
328 Posts
I don't have my book at home but I seem to remember it states the harrow needs to be changed from the dealer as it is shipped from factory in transport mode. Book states it will not fold out unless it is changed. Can't remember though what had to be adjusted. If you have your book it might help ya. I know I have to really snake my tractor when backing up to get mine to unfold.

·
Premium Member
8,232 Posts
It seems to me that most heavy harrows with cable-pull use spring tension to initiate the outward folding of the wings. Would it be possible that your wings when trailing in transport are too close together and cables are unable to get any leverage to pull them out???

·
Registered
77 Posts
If I remember right there is a wedge installed at the factory that makes the wings follow straight for long transport distances. The manual describes removing that wedge and leaving it out. With the wedge in it would not fold out properly when you back up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts