The Combine Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am looking at a Bourgault mid row paralink and a Morris contour drill.
Just curious as to what your guys thoughts on these two drills? Has anyone seeded with them?
I have not used the mid row and I am concerned about how they work(we have some rocks) and how the fertilizer timing is. I think it would be good to prevent seed burn but I don't know about fert being stranded away from the roots at critical stage.
The Morris is a double shoot boot and I am nervous about seed fert seperation with a single boot in the ground while at the same time looking at it as a positive for trash clearance and pulling HP.
I would like to hear your thoughts especially if you got to seed with one.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,712 Posts
Before you believe everything that bourgault says about the MRB system (like remarkably higher yields and all) read this report.

http://www.pami.ca/pdfs/reports_reasearc....ide_banding.pdf

Also, consider that I think the morris contour is a better setup than PAMI used.

I have heard that because the bourgault uses a disc as the MRB, it is really good for trash clearance because it cuts through lots of the straw in front of the machine. Don't worry about rocks, our flexicoil 6000 gets dragged through the rocks and we haven't had a problem. Talking to a bourgault rep, whatever you seed into has been tried already with their testing, he said that there is a nasty field that everything gets pulled through to test durability.

So, basically I have no help for you, only some opinions and a paper for you to read. We have a morris maxim II, and its a really nice rig. The cart is so nice to use and setup.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts