The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LOL
...After running a 2 stick 1480 for so many years, yesterday spent alot of time in the 2188 and more than once, I about put myself through the windshield! Crossing a ditch or terrace and needed to raise the header running 5mph and had a memory lapse and pulled back on the hydro lever, thinking it was the old mechanical header lift stick on the 1480. Good thing I have the steering wheel in front of me or maybe need to install a seat belt!

This was my laugh for the day...next best JOKE is this miserable central Kansas wheat harvest....12 to 15 bu guys!

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
I know the feeling exactly. I just hope you did not plow ground like a bulldozer with that header!

I have heard of seasoned CH's even pulling a similar stunt. On a Deere lot, with new machines, implements or even a fence--almost crash a brand-new Maximizer. Back when they first came out, it took a little thinking to realize that long handle next to your seat on the right, is NOT the separator lever. It's a gearshift!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wildcatwheatfarmer....The machine seems to be real good! In some fields that have some cheat along the edges, have plugged the return a couple of times.....standard operating proceedure for a Axil-Flow! LOL

Sure wished they had increased the capacity of the return as much as they did the clean grain compared to the old 1480, looks to be the same return set-up.

Wished I had some "good" wheat to run it in. Tops for me has been 17 Bu. Have you been able to harvest? Oh yes, bruise's on both legs are better! LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts