The Combine Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
3,342 Posts
If the pickup is stopping and then plugging try adjusting slip clutch. I had to do that on the ours when it was new. Had to do it on our old 660 also. And be sure the wind guard is adjusted properly so it can move upwards to the fullest on slots

· Registered
3,342 Posts
You could adjust slip clutch on pickup then and it should be good unless you get a real big lump. Mine will mostly only plug in heavy damp oat straw. Not very often in hay once I tightened up slip clutch.

· Registered
1,024 Posts
Is it a wide or standard pickup? The standard pickup tends to plug on really wide rank swaths on the corners; especially if it's a bit tough. Used to rake two 18's together and baled with a standard width 7090. However we had a wide pickup br780 a couple balers before and it only did 1000 bales before we traded to a standard width br780. That wide pickup on the older models were a real murder abortion of a setup. The stuffer augers on the sides would plug easy especially if the bushings the augers run in would wear. I think the 7090 improved a bit. But getting back to the pickup plugging. The slip clutch is on the left side of the pickup. There are 3 bolts you tighten and a plate that holds them from backing off. We had ours tightened up a fair bit and didn't have too many issues.

· Registered
261 Posts
I don't have the answer but I will say my closest neighbor, my buddy and my uncle all had this style of N/H baler. My neighors was a POS from the get go but after a year or two it smoothed out. My buddy had the best of luck until his burned up last week. My uncles was purchased new mid winther and was such a POS they brought him the brand new model and it's also a POS. He's talking about going back to Deere. My buddy also has the newest model as a loaner since his burned up and he says it's a POS and he's also planning to go to Deere.
Plugging up is a huge issue I saw when working with my neighbor and my buddy says the same thing. Our 567 Deere that's 9yrs old will run circles around them ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.