The Combine Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a new last year 7090 it's regular model with only twine. Is there any adjustments to the baler seems to plug quite easy plugged more times in two rounds than the old jd530 did all last year?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Not familiar with the NHs but on my JD566 when it would start to plug more often the slip clutch was starting to go. Was an easy fix with new plates.

·
Registered
313 Posts
there are travel limiting bolts in the slots on the wind guard, I set them so it travels the whole length of the slot. my br740 hasn't plugged since

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
If the pickup is stopping and then plugging try adjusting slip clutch. I had to do that on the ours when it was new. Had to do it on our old 660 also. And be sure the wind guard is adjusted properly so it can move upwards to the fullest on slots

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Told the old man to check the wind guard bolts. He said it's just the pick up plugging, I guess mabye just the odd clump is enough to plug her, when hay is really dry doesn't plug.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
You could adjust slip clutch on pickup then and it should be good unless you get a real big lump. Mine will mostly only plug in heavy damp oat straw. Not very often in hay once I tightened up slip clutch.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Is it a wide or standard pickup? The standard pickup tends to plug on really wide rank swaths on the corners; especially if it's a bit tough. Used to rake two 18's together and baled with a standard width 7090. However we had a wide pickup br780 a couple balers before and it only did 1000 bales before we traded to a standard width br780. That wide pickup on the older models were a real murder abortion of a setup. The stuffer augers on the sides would plug easy especially if the bushings the augers run in would wear. I think the 7090 improved a bit. But getting back to the pickup plugging. The slip clutch is on the left side of the pickup. There are 3 bolts you tighten and a plate that holds them from backing off. We had ours tightened up a fair bit and didn't have too many issues.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's the wide pick up and yes auger and pick up are the issue not working barely at all after racking two 12 foot swaths together.

·
Registered
122 Posts
If you don't have the roller windguard, that can help some. It is standard on specialty crop balers but can be added later as an option to other balers. Its around $800 to add.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yah dealer mentioned he could get roller wind gaurd is it powered? Going to try with gaurd right off see if that's worse or better as well.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I don't have the answer but I will say my closest neighbor, my buddy and my uncle all had this style of N/H baler. My neighors was a POS from the get go but after a year or two it smoothed out. My buddy had the best of luck until his burned up last week. My uncles was purchased new mid winther and was such a POS they brought him the brand new model and it's also a POS. He's talking about going back to Deere. My buddy also has the newest model as a loaner since his burned up and he says it's a POS and he's also planning to go to Deere.
Plugging up is a huge issue I saw when working with my neighbor and my buddy says the same thing. Our 567 Deere that's 9yrs old will run circles around them ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sounds like your neighbor ,your uncle, or you know how to set the baler up or the dealer . We have had 4 br7090 i would not have anything else

1 - 18 of 18 Posts