The Combine Forum banner

Brake Caliper on Older Versatiles

10K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  gary 
#1 ·
Just a FYI for farmers running older Versatile tractors Series 1-3 . If your brake caliper seizes to the brake rotor like ours did you can take it to a place called Edmonton Brake & Clutch to get rebuilt. I first got a quote from Gratton Coulee wreckers that have " new " rebuilt calipers ready to go for around $ 2000.00 . Which i thought was quite high priced and now know it was, as I got my old caliper rebuilt plus a new brake line plus new parking brake pads plus a new master cylinder for around $1450.00 . Yes it did take about a week's time to get done but well worth the wait as the wreckers are obviously hoping you need it "yesterday" to get rolling again. The wreckers know too that these parts are obsolete too , but Joe at Edmonton Clutch and Brake knew where to find the parts . Thanks Joe. Web site is Brake and Clutch Service, Rebuilding, Automotive Parts Supplier in Edmonton, Alberta | Edmonton Brake & Clutch Ltd.

#3 ·
Joe and Sharon are great people, I've dealt with them for years, really good with all products, from new to the oddball and older stuff. Can do up or rebuild custom or discontinued components as well from brake cylinders to clutch facings. Sometimes it might seem pricey, but usually very reasonable given circumstances. Anytime I end up in there its not a short visit unless they're busy. They even have a weekend getaway place up here not far from me but I haven't made it over there yet lol, but standing offer if I ever need anything and they're headed this way, they'll bring it with them and then as they say, I'd have to come over for coffee at long last lol.

SWfarm, takes $5 CAN to get you $4 US right now. Then add duty. Adds up quick. Other issue with dealing out of the country is warranty and shipping.
Not much we can't source up here locally if you know where to go. Well least here in AB anyway. Some good shops in Sask too.

#5 ·
SWfarm, takes $5 CAN to get you $4 US right now. Then add duty. Adds up quick. Other issue with dealing out of the country is warranty and shipping.
Not much we can't source up here locally if you know where to go. Well least here in AB anyway. Some good shops in Sask too.
Once I'm half ways through it always pops in my head that there is a really good chance I'm talking to a Canadian!

When it comes to sourcing parts for the old girls that are updated back to off the shelf available parts again Big Tractor is pretty hard to beat. They lean pretty hard towards Steiger but they are building more and more all of the time.

#4 ·
If your in Western Australia try Perth Brake Parts,they rebuilt our caliper and master cylinder plus new brake line and pads for about $1100 for an 876,luckily our caliper was salvageable,had the disc skimmed by local bloke,I had to run new wires to the shaft sensor they got cooked.
The master cylinder was full of muck and I think if had had this serviced sooner it was have saved the grief down below..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.