The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Supercharged Brandt Auger 842. It has been nothing but trouble. I wanted to ask if anyone else had trouble with their Brandt transport augers? The super charged flighting overloads the auger, and the assembling of the auger was terrible. It was missing 2 keys for the pulley systems and within the first year I have had to replace the gearbox and upper pulleys. So far it has been the worst purchase I have made. Anyone else experiencing similar troubles?

·
Registered
863 Posts
I have a 852 I bought in 1989, All I've ever done was 1 set of belts and I had to split it when I sheared the flighting pin at the joint in tough wheat years ago

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
I bought a Brandt 1035 about 8 years ago or so, it ranks right at the top for worst purchases ever for me and I couldn't get rid of it fast enough. I also have a 835 Brandt that was bought in 1998 or so and it is still going strong on it's second engine and third set of belts. Shame we can't roll back the clock and buy some decent equipment from back then again.

The supercharged augers take power for sure, probably better to just buy a 10".

·
Registered
293 Posts
No trouble with a transport auger but enough trouble with a 1300 vac and a 13x70hp auger both bought new in the last year. Some of the trouble was setup related. To me Brandt has sure went downhill the last few years. I agree the stuff we bought 15-20 years ago was way better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts