The Combine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
My auger is piled up on me tonight, prob close to 1,000,000 bushel put through it (10x61 wheat heart) I'm thinking of getting one of these, 10x70 swing.

Opinions?

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
Brandt has good products, only opinion is dont buy the hyhydraulic swing, go electric like hopper walker or auger jogger

Got lots of blue stuff on the farm, had Westfield before, my father inlaw has Wheatheart and Batco and I like the Brandt way better.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Brandt has good products, only opinion is dont buy the hyhydraulic swing, go electric like hopper walker or auger jogger

If you get the hydraulic swing mover, you need to leave the tractor running with the hydraulics running all the time or get out of the truck to start it when you pull up. With the electric swing drive, you use the remote to adjust the swing as you get close. I'm pretty sure you can get the electric option right from brandt now. Don't need to buy aftermarket now.

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
Actually crw I wouldn't buy brandts either, sorry Brandt, the tube mounted swing drive is a pain, better on a 10 than a 13 but garbage compared to a hopper mounted drive

Night and day difference

·
Registered
660 Posts
I have a tube mounted mover, if I got a do-over, a hopper mounted one would be bought.
I took the inside wheels off the hopper, made a huge difference. But I know what u mean.

I also see that the brandt electric mover has the drive wheels further up the tube than the behorn I have. Over all I am happy with the one I got, maybe the others are better??

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
We run the 13x110.. We have electric swing with remote and with voyager cams on swing and up top.. It makes dumping very easy with not having getting out of the truck and with cams no worries about driving over swing.. Also run the brant full bin sensor and works great

Dump a 2400 bu loaded b train in less than 30 minutes with one person.. Have had brant in past and Good luck

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Sounds like a nice choice. Curious, why did you go with a 10" vs a 13"?
10" has always been quick enough, in heavy crops we run with a tandem, semi & cart. All our land is within a 6 mile radius of farm.

And our wheat heart broke at exactly 5:00 on Friday afternoon, so I phoned local co-op all they had was 13-85 meridian for $25000! So I called south country and bought this for $12800..

So I guess you could say this wasn't well researched haha, these were the only 2 numbers saved in my phone that sold augers!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts