The Combine Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the Brandt land rollers? Looking at purchasing one and curious if any problems with them and if do a good job?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Bought the 3 section 51 ft version in the spring of 2021, So far so good, it has the hyd floating hitch. Pulls good but we pull ours with a JD 9510rt. It does a good job. Its nice and heavy.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I looked at them last year, they looked okay, but I ended up purchasing a Mandako because it weighed more.
Brandt landrollers could be ordered with either 36 or 42 inch rollers when I was looking at them last year.

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
How can anybody screw up making a land roller? Cheaper the better

Reactions: diesenfarms

·
Registered
26 Posts
How about roller stubshafts not straight, pins in pivots undersized, hydraulic hose crimps poorly done. This one is a Chinese import brought in by a West Australian manufacturer.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Degelman is tried and true. Brandt quality in general has become sub par.
Degelman is a good simple machine and the newest models are built way better then the earlier models.
Degelman has made a lot of changes to their landrollers over the years, most of which you will not notice unless you know where to look.
The first roller on the farm was a 1996 Degelman 40 ft and when it left here in about 2015 there was wear everywhere there could be wear.
My 2021 51 ft Degelman roller has addressed a lot of those issues.
I will add that I rent my rollers out so they see thousands of acres each year and are probably used pretty hard by some people.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mandako is awesome, we’ve ran ours for about 15 years. I’ve replaced one tire. It gets greased once a year. They may be stupidly expensive now because they come from south of the border.

·
Registered
678 Posts
What’s the issue with Riteway? I can’t find anything to complain about with my 3 section 52’ Riteway. Almost zero maintenance.

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
What’s the issue with Riteway? I can’t find anything to complain about with my 3 section 52’ Riteway. Almost zero maintenance.
Yup makes two of us. We rent ours out. Only had it 3 years and no issues. Plus ours was an old flamans rental unit

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Our Riteway roller is awesome. Changed one bearing in 12 years, otherwise it’s grease and used it. Been one of our best pieces of equipment.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts