The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Purchased a 1120XT Brandt this year after 10 years with various J&M models (750/875/810). Great visibility of the auger as it comes really far forward and has multiple tilt and rotate positions. Much nicer than the older Brandt XR series we tried last year. Only caveat is that you have to fold your auger in every time after you unload. It seems well built and it’s pretty well thought out. Only two real compliants: First would be that the front ladder could go another 12-18” higher. Second the body panels are all bolted together and grain can hang up on all these rows of nuts/bolts along every edge inside the tank which makes it a pain to clean between different crops or varieties. The auger shows virtually no wear whereas the J&M needed a new lower auger every year or two. I don’t miss the J&M.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Purchased a 1120XT Brandt this year after 10 years with various J&M models (750/875/810). Great visibility of the auger as it comes really far forward and has multiple tilt and rotate positions. Much nicer than the older Brandt XR series we tried last year. Only caveat is that you have to fold your auger in every time after you unload. It seems well built and it’s pretty well thought out. Only two real compliants: First would be that the front ladder could go another 12-18” higher. Second the body panels are all bolted together and grain can hang up on all these rows of nuts/bolts along every edge inside the tank which makes it a pain to clean between different crops or varieties. The auger shows virtually no wear whereas the J&M needed a new lower auger every year or two. I don’t miss the J&M.
We’ve ran a 1520XT for 2 seasons now. I can agree with All the above. Rear access door is a nice feature. Ours has the joystick so it is a hit one button to fold the auger which is very handy. Nice and narrow and seems well balanced.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Really leaning towards tbe Brandt. Looks very well built and nice features. My dad is really liking the rear access hatch. Plus cheaper like I said. Although I priced a 1320XT and 1319 Unverferth and they were near identical in price, just odd that the 1100's are $10k apart.

·
Registered
342 Posts
We farm in the desert and run IF900’s on our 1100. They’re fine for our purposes but if I were in a wetter area I’d be looking at walking tandem I think so long as repairs to the inner tire were easy enough.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think 1250's or tracks are the only option on the 1520 now that you say it. I don't think I saw walking tandems as an option so maybe silly to be asking the question. I read on another post here that guys prefer the tandems over floaters saying they have better flotation. Not sure how that works, maybe I read it wrong.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Talked to my dealer to pull the trigger today on an 1120XT. Actually told him to go ahead and at the last second asked to make sure it was with the 1250's like I wanted. He said he had to check for sure and came back and said no it was with 900's and would have to price the switch to 1250's. Long story short...switching to 1250's requires a different axle and adds $18k to the list price...put it within $10k of a 1320XT with the same options.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts