The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That 'site will crash every now and then. Stu has to fix it when he has time. So patiently we wait...

I'll try to describe what I remember of it.
It was pics of the back end of a smaller European JD combine (a 4425?) with the back panel of the straw walker housing removed as were the walkers. It looked like the cylinder and discharge beater remained in there. The framed rotor unit had some sort of funnel on the front of it to catch what came out of the cylinder. It was painted flat dark green. So it appeared to be a "Hybrid" conventional/rotor combine. There were no finished product pics but what I saw was, as I said, neat and professional.

The thread author stated that this increased capacity by 40% so maybe this has moved from "experimental" to "production" stage.

It'd be interesting to know more but I can't find any more info about it anywhere on the web.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Yeah, good descript...I saw it, too, before site went down..
If that machine really does realize to 'true' 40% increase, I will be shocked (pleasantly shocked). I guess it would matter a lot which crops the machine was harvesting; but the rotors vs conventionals around here dont have a 40% gap between them.

·
Registered
590 Posts
From a theoritical standpoint, that machine probably did have a 40% plus or minus increase in productivity, capacity, or whatever measurement you want to call it by taking out the walkes and putting in a rotor.
Before the site went down, I saw the pictures and agree it was a 4425/4435 or 4400 US size machine, which has a 40 inch plus or minus box width.
To compare apples to apples, does a 9660/9670 STS have a 40% increase in producitivity, capacity or whatever you want to call it in typical dry midwest crops OVER a 95XX walker size machine?
Probably.
It is not a John Deere comparison, but a walker versus single rotor comparison. You put a humonguous rotor in a 67 inch box (96xx size), and you might have a 40% increase, but nobody/manufacturer has made a 40 diameter rotor. Most of them are stuck around 30 inches.

So, for this little machine, the 40% increase is probably in reason.

I don't know the answer, but it looks like it would have a big increase in Bu/hr changing to a rotor in the same size box.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Yeah, BrewMax..that is what I was referring to..[in] crops around here, I don't think a 40% increase would be realized:

TxFarmer wrote:

Quote:I guess it would matter a lot which crops the machine was harvesting; but the rotors vs conventionals around here dont have a 40% gap between them.

I am still at the crossroads, myself, on whether to buy a 9760 (or something like that), or another 9600/9610.. The more I think about it, and yeah..I've had plenty of time to think about it..I believe that for us (around here..dryland wheat & milo), another 9600 is the way to go...I have taken on more farm land, and surely need another combine.. I have another land deal in the works right now..and if that one, too, goes through, then there will be no question whatsoever...I will have to get another 'bine..

I hope that the conversion spoke of, and linked to, above works well! I commend the people that took on that project. I don't have it in me (time, patience, etc) to undergo such an endeavor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts