The Combine Forum banner

Breaking Concave Motors

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  micheal 
#1 ·
We updated our 3 9860 concave motor setup to the new style with the shear bolts and hose clamp holding the motor.It is the same as the 70 series now. The motor still breaks when the shear bolts do when combining though canola straw.Does anyone else have that problem,or a solution.

#2 ·
You might want to look at wether or not your feeding it through the machine good enough! Ive broken that very engine once in chickpeas because it accidently ate a pretty big lump at 4.00 am.

A big block of something very tough will put an enourmous ammount of pressure on the concaves, and all that force has to manifest it self somewhere, usually on that little motor and the gears that adjust the concaves.

work on getting your feeding to be a bit more smooth and you see at least a decrease in busted motors. i dont know if its just game over though in your case as there isnt alot you can do with tough cannolla

#6 ·
stevenwoll--- where is the hose clamp on the adjuster, over the motor part to that green brace with the rubber bumper? just curious broke one motor on my 9670. Thought maybe the paint mighta held it to tight the first time the shear bolts broke. I would like to know more about these aftermarket shock kits. Thanks in advance

#7 ·
I hope you have better luck with A&I's "take over" of Loewen's stuff than I did. We ordered an airfoil from A&I in FEB! They kept lying to us all summer telling us that they were being made. Well they weren't, Harvest Services ended up being cleaned out of allot of specialty parts because A&I screwed the pooch and left everybody hanging. In the future A&I will be my last resort for any parts after how they treated us on this deal. Its too bad cause Loewen had allot of good stuff to offer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.