The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Broke on of the limks on the 7010's feederhouse chains the other morning. Stalks were damp & tough & thought that was the cause. However, when we went to repair it we noticed that the masterlink had come apart causing one of the 1.2 links to break. Looking at the other master links & 1/2 links several of them had the little "s" clips missing, over 1/2 were either gone or broke off on one end. Combine is an '08 & has about 450 seprator hrs & I believe this is the original chain.

I took over the family farm 39 years ago & this is only the 2nd or 3rd time I have ever had these pins break or come out. Started out with a IH 303 & have owned sevral AF combines . I was wondering if this is a common occurance on the 10 series combines or possibly poor workmanship from the factory.

Amyone else having this problem?

TIA,
boog

·
Registered
463 Posts
Yes this is a problem. My guess would be poor clips.

You can fix it with the XX20 series feeder chain connector links.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Could be a problem with the dealer / worker that fitted them also - if there are half links in them. Are half links standard on these chains?

·
Registered
51 Posts
i'm helping a guy now that had a 8010 last year and has a 8120 this year and he said 20's have nuts on them that are way better then the s clips

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm having trouble with 9120 jumping cogs on one side and wearing chain out prematurely. This is caused from crop following chain around and going back down feederhouse. Case is working on a solution. If your chain has never run crooked, its probably a result of poor quality chain.

·
Registered
51 Posts
we've been having probloms with the chain alot the last few day put it back together 4 time in 3 days. keeps breaking links i'm starting to think its to tight.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We've run into the chain jumping on the 7010. Seems to be happening when cornstalks are damp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts