The Combine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any advice on how to stop cobs breaking in corn??? Have tried adjusting both rotor clearance and speed...running same size as cobs or 1/8" larger..Have tried tightening down to 3/8" and up to 1" and ran speeds from 250 to 380 and doesn't seem to make a huge difference. ton of cobs breaking and getting into bin , most are broken up to the size of kernels so no way to clean them out. Very few whole diameter cobs out back....loss of idea

·
Registered
70 Posts
Stock P1 rotor in white cob corn? In wet, white cob corn the reverse bars do a number on the cob. I know because I had the same issue the first year with my N6. After I "Hyperized" my P1 rotor white cob corn was not an issue any more.
You may have to go to the small grain chaffer and cut the first 8 row to operate independently. You can then open the front about 5/8" and the middle about 1/2". The sieve should be about 1/2" open or about a finger width. Turn the air up too.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sieves are a strong 3/8"....I'm not looking for whole length cobs but at least some whole diameter...just way too may 1/4" bits of cobs makes for a lot of cleaning for sieves or next to impossible since pieces are same size as kernels...

·
Registered
407 Posts
Square tip 1 5/8" corn chaffer usually does the best job of cleaning and has capacity, especially if the front 8 rows are independent and opened a little more. Round tip 1 5/8" corn chaffer usually does a terrible job.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i believe p-1 processor but i also thought was 1990...this is first rotary gleaner and seems very complicated with helicals, reverse bars, and all the different mods. Never had much isssues with m's and l's...just changed concave clearance, speed, and sieves and go to field...not sure about these.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.