The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I don't actually have pictures of the broken piece since its the bearing on the thresher clutch but Wednesday started out by blowing the seals on the orbit motors that drive the spreaders. And that happened before I even started to combine. No motor in stock so they rerouted it then an air lock in the line. Few hours later we got going. 13 ac later everything just quit except the engine. Mechanic came out and was puzzled. Got dark and cold so I drove it to the dealership and they found out today what was wrong. So as soon as we got to the dealership the service manager tracked down a TR99 at the other branch and it was going to be down first thing Thursday morning with an 8r and 25ft grain head. That TR with an 8r whoops the CR940 with a 6r. So much nicer running an 8r then a 6. Anyways the TR isn't near as nice but it didn't break down. Mechanics were down today taking shims out of the guards on the head and fixing the stone trap. I.P. beans are too high in moisture so thats why I'm not combining. So heres some pictures.

Take care,

Nathan

Man I miss the cab of the CR

·
Registered
722 Posts
Thanks for the good clear shots there, AGCOfan, but man that 940 is crying out for a good sized head, at least a 12 row. As well, that 99 needs a 30 footer. Small narrow heads on a combine is just a waste of good horse power and far too many passes over the field. Think big fellas, proooooooooduction is the name of the game.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree. Lotta wasted fuel going out the back but ohwell. 12 isn't recomended for the 940.

Take care,

Nathan

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Village Idiot I use an Olympus C-725. Nice camera. Be nice if it was smaller to fit in my pocket. More mega pixels would allot me to take nicer pictures farther away but for now it works. Well the CR is under warranty right now so its pretty easy to work on from my side. But when that runs out ya it'll be tough. We should have the CR back Thursday but Friday for sure.

Case farmers right about needing a bigger planter and trucks. Not too mention the dryer can't keep up to the combine most times. So the logistics ain't there. Last night I was combining corn and the guy planted with a 6r equipped with an outback guidance system. Horrible job. Most times I couldn't pull in 2 rows from a different pass to take in 8 rows at a time. But when I went to the field this morning the TR wouldn't start. Couldn't figure it out so the dealer came out and some block way down in the console was turned. Go figure. But doesn't matter since its raining out.

Take care,

Nathan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts