The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just finished cutting with my 2388 this fall. i have 160 sep hours on it and the end of my bubble up auger looks wore out . it is worn back and saw toothed. is this normal. i have a hopper topper on it

·
Registered
72 Posts
Our Gleaner auger was worn out quickly as well, replaced with a chromed unit(not polished).
After 800 acres of corn and beans it looks the same as new, dont ever plan on replacing it.
Sounds like you need a new one if it is already serrated, but take the new one to a chrome shop, have it stripped and chromed and you will replace everything around it first...
Your up auger in the tank? Take it out while it is still good and do the same, these two augers do a ton of work..
Good luck

·
Registered
212 Posts
Gleamer, can you list some reputable hard chroming facilities. These places don't exactly advertise and keep a low profile. Probably kind of a toxic process and they don't want to be too visible on the 'radar'. TIA

·
Registered
50 Posts
Problem number 1, because the hopper topper is there doesn't mean you have to use it.and the second problem you didn't get an extended wear auger.

·
Registered
77 Posts
What I've tried in my shop and worked very well is a couple of spirals of poly wear shoes from Lundell plastics, cost about 35-45 dollars per spiral and last for years.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I thought the only bubble up auger available from Case was extended wear. Even then they don't seem to last long.

I put a Lowen in mine, with the hard welding around the edge. It has nearly 1000 hours on it and it still looks good. And I have Mauers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts