The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in the process of extending the capacity of the grain tank on my 98 2388 to take an extra tonne and a half.will i need to modify the bubble up auger?combine only used for wheat but here in ireland we are never able to harvest under 20% moisture so will i be over loading the auger and grain elevator slip clutch.all help greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
71 Posts
When you say bubble up aruger this is what I think of. Rotated to clear the machine shed door in this picture.

If you don't have one, add one. Dad uses one from Maurer Mfg. It's not rocket science so it wouldn't be hard to build your own.

Can see the top of the auger sticking above the top of the grain tank.

Can't see it any more.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Quote:just becarefull when installing if putting on a 2003 or newer machine must change a check valve or will blow reverser did twice last year

What did you plumb it in to? The only time I've seen one of these was on a machine that ran corn, so they used the reel drive circuit to run the auger. That also allows them to adjust the auger speed to as slow as necessary.

If you are running any other crop that requires a reel on the header, then of course you need to find a new circuit to plumb in to.

-Lance

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just built one of these to go on my 00 model 2388. I plumbed it in series with the reel circut, but I made a new dump line for the head to attach to. The existing dump line for the orbit motor which runs the reel or pickup belts uses the same dump as the hydraulic feeder reverser. Trying to divert the dump oil from the motor causes back pressure and will try to engage the reverser. Make a new hose with a pioneer quick coupler and tie it in with the proper tee to the same pipe used for the return oil. This hose will bypass the connection on the side of the feederhouse. Your bubble up auger will still vary in speed with the reel, but on our machine it looks like that should work just fine, good RPM and torque.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
any guys running a small bin extension without the bubble up auger.will it put too much stress on clean grain slip clutch.the extension i have made will hold aproximatley 1.5 tons extra.i have ran out of time to finish the bubble up unit.thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.