The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready for the next season and I usually try clean up vehicles and equipment. What does everyone use for cleaning bugs off front of trucks and SUV’s? Bought or homemade mix. Someone told me purple power and vinegar, gonna try that.
What’s your mixture?

· Registered
3,675 Posts
If you have had anything to do with acid washes for aluminum for example, there are various cleaners out there that warn not to put on aluminum or for that matter leave to dry on glass as it will etch it. My brother had bought a chemical which a car wash used that they would spray on a customers vehicle on the front to get bugs off and it really works but its also one that warns not to let dry on glass nor apply to aluminum. So my brother experimented on typical passenger vehicles at home and that worked fine, what he then did was spray it on the front of a camper which has something similar to a gel coat although its not fiberglass as it was plastered with bugs, well in short order it hazed the finish and by the time it was realized that was too late and it took hours and hours with a polisher and a very fine compound to try and get it back to what it was supposed to be. I can give you the name of the product but with those warnings that if one puts it on a surface that its going to damage or wait too long before washing it off, to say you won't be happy is an understatement. I can't comment on the concoction that you mentioned but would be careful what I did with it until proven on some old farm pickup or junk heap to experiment on first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts