The Combine Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
What did they do for insulation on the steel building? Spray on?

The one close to me used 2 layers of insulation. One between the purlins and the outside sheeting and one between the purlins and the inside sheeting. They told me the r valve of each layer but I forget. The one close to me is a 80 X100 building with floor heat. It also has a bifold door in each end and a overhead door on one side. I think the other one has much the same insulation but I am not 100% sure.
I have same brand of building and I am doing spray foam insulation. I really like how spray foam seals everything and is easily to reseal if you need to make a hole to run anything through the wall or roof.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
We just bought a new building from Prairie Steel. We priced out just about everything including ICF and various concrete types. ICF was nowhere close to the cost of any of the other options. About double if I recall. Wood frame was the cheapest. Prairie Steel came in more expensive than wood, but close enough that we decided to spend the extra money and go with them. That's including the cost of insulating that we'll have to do.

If you can do your own construction, a wood frame building is quite economical. The cost of labor is quite a bit more than the cost of the wood materials.

·
Premium Member
5,272 Posts
ICF is the styverfoam blocks you snap together. We put them about 3 feet above the ground and the concrete truck drove around the forms filling them up. We had 14 ft piles underneath I think every 8 feet. The ICF was on void form styverfoam so if the ground heaved it did not crack the grade beam or footing. It saves you making the forms and it gives you insulation on both sides of the concrete.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts