The Combine Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the Hesston tour today and saw my new S78 on the assembly line. Got to see the engine fired up for the first time. I will say that Gleaner has done alot of improvements in the quality control department at Hesston since I took the tour last time three years ago. The thing that impressed me the most was the improvements they have made to the Dynaflex headers. The have really improved the draper drives.

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
Glad to here that GB, I hope mine is built soon also, my son can't wait! I hope they put better bearings in it, combine and header, that was one of my concerns with it. Put 3 in the center draper, pain in the a--, and 4 in the two main drapers, not as bad but still down time. Hope the new head, is better and don't have to do any field up-dates like the other head. After looking at your's is it just my eye's or did they paint the frame black instead of gray, sure look's black, if so GOOD, maybe some day they will bring back the orange also. If that's the case, hope my head is black too! It look's great, please more pic's.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone know if their is an age requirement for the tour? Maybe getting out towards Hesston this summer and have a 6 year old that would love to go through the plant. No sense getting him all hyped up if he can't go. Thanks Andrew

·
Registered
52 Posts
gleaner Baldwin did they improve the skid plates on the outsides of the 9250 flex drapers that where out after cutting 300 acres of soybeans. One set was replaced when we bought the header and we are on our second set under warrenty??

·
Registered
68 Posts
Are you sure the header is set up right we have 2500 acres through ours now and the plastic skids on the ends are just wore through, we combine soybeans and white navy beans ( the whites have to be cut really low 1 inch stubble max )

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Does anyone know if their is an age requirement for the tour? Maybe getting out towards Hesston this summer and have a 6 year old that would love to go through the plant. No sense getting him all hyped up if he can't go. Thanks Andrew
I highly doubt there is an age restriction... more of a "parental supervision required."

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
glad to see you enjoyed it! A friend and I took the tour for the first time ever right before Christmas, and I was impressed.

as far as the orange, our tour guide did mention one customer was able to get orange wheels... dont know if they will still do that, or if that was back in R72 days, etc. but he did get what he wanted. although I thought he said it was on a S77. dont hold me to it, ask yourself. :)

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Talked to my buddy who works there and he didn't think there are any age restrictions.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Used to be 12, don't know if they changed it. Couldn't take my son through in '09 because of restriction.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I actually heard the ratio the other day while at the NFMS from one of their reps. I just wonder how many combines Gleaner and Massey make per year. Is it a few hundred Gleaners? or would it be that many?

·
Registered
536 Posts
I've been told by a reliable source, they build over 500 Gleaner's per year. Correct me if I'm wrong. Not sure abought massey, but I don't think they have near those numbers.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts