The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if there is a real benefit in cereals and canola with the bullet rotor. How much difference in capacity in damp straw? Is the grain loss ( rotor loss) less ? Is the 9770 a major improvement over the 9860 with standard rotor? In edible peas and beans which one would be more gentle?

·
Registered
578 Posts
im curious as to why someone hasnt came out with a kit to modify an original rotor and make it into a bullet. is this possible?

·
Registered
961 Posts
i agree. like i said in an above thread, and i dont know if people agree with me on this or not, but i dont think the bullet thrashes quite as nice because the bars on the tapered part of the rotor are farther away from the concaves. Kuchar Performance has a bar to compensate for this that i would like to try.

·
Premium Member
4,295 Posts
Yes, with the std rotor it makes alot more banging and that generally causes people to slow down. I would say wager that the 9770 would be a little bigger. The fact that the HP between the two is almost the same makes the 9770 alot nicer combine with all the other little improvements that came with the 70 series (and not just the cab either) . We have used 9860 std, 9770, & 9870s and the 9770 is the best buy by far.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
The only problem I could see is the threshing elements themselves. The old style rotor used a smooth element with a solid lip on the end of them thus providing threshing the whole way across as opposed to the "rifled" elements on the bullet rotor which cuts down on the actual surface that contacts the crop mat against the concaves.

Just rambling here...

·
Registered
84 Posts
In rice the bullet rotor seems to put the crop through too fast, thus having high rotor loss. I know several people that went to the bullet rotor and wished they had the original back in the machine. Several Deere guys in our area are starting to run 7010/8010's because of grain loss.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
farmerjones,
does the 7010 have the same size sieve like the cr970? My biggest worry on going to deere was sieve loss not rotor loss.
our cr 970 sure saves the crop but resale value and dealer support are what worries me

1 - 8 of 8 Posts