The Combine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Butler Farmstead building that I built in 1978. A few years ago I ran a tractor into one of the sliding doors (don't short across a starter to start a tractor) and it looks like crap. I can't find anything about these buildings anywhere. I think they quit making them. I wonder if any other company continued to make them or if there is somewhere I can get the tin to go on the door. It is corrigated differently that anything else I have seen.

·
Registered
98 Posts
sandcricket: Our shop was built around the same time and is also a butler farmstead. We too had the sliding doors you're talking about, and they became such a pain (took me and dad both to push them) that we finally replaced them with a bi-fold last fall. I had the same problem finding matching tin (its nice heavy tin with pretty big ribs, no?) to clad the new door, and ended up just going to the lumber yard and getting color-matching ag steel. So unless you have better luck than me, you'll wind up replacing the steel on the whole door.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Butler Farmstead

Sandcricket,

I may be too late in answering your question, but.....

Butler had two divisions of buildings - the ag division that carried the Farmstead and the commercial, community and industrial division. They sold the ag division go GSI.

Both divisions used the same panel on their buildings, however!

You would have a panel either called ButlerRib 1 or ButlerRib 2.

ButlerRib 1 had square minor corrugations between the large major corrugations. ButlerRib 2 had "v" minor corrugations between the large major corrugations.

Any Butler Builder (CCI) should be able to help you get the same exact sheet that you have.

You can find your local builder by going on Butler's website www.butlermfg.com and go to the find a builder section and type in your location. If for any reason the local guy (s) won't help you (I doubt this). We could help you in a pincy, however, we are in Illinois so you'd have to provide us some help with the dimensions.

Good Luck,

Doug Phalen

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a Butler Farmstead building that I built in 1978. A few years ago I ran a tractor into one of the sliding doors (don't short across a starter to start a tractor) and it looks like crap. I can't find anything about these buildings anywhere. I think they quit making them. I wonder if any other company continued to make them or if there is somewhere I can get the tin to go on the door. It is corrigated differently that anything else I have seen.
I am Shane Meade Illiana sliding shed door in my company I fix and repair butler building doors.. I have a video on you tube .. butler door repair if interested

·
Registered
3 Posts
I can help .. my name is Shane Meade my company is Illiana sliding shed door.. look at my YouTube video .. search butler door repair

1 - 12 of 12 Posts