The Combine Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a new combine for next year. I don't have prices from the dealer yet. Is there any reason to buy a 9770 over a 9670 other than factory power settings? The cost savings between the two should just about buy a new engine if there is a problem down the line.

The only other choice is a 7120. No other brands have any service anywhere around here.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kinze, if you skip the pro drive it reduces the list price of the 9770 by about $6500. I have never needed to shift my 9600 or 9650 in the field, so I will skip the pro drive (unless someone can persuade me why it has value).

·
Registered
37 Posts
A 96 is a great machine but a little weak at times for a 12 row head. My main problem is the elevator not being big enough which causes grain to fall into the fan. However I'd rather go 3-4mph than 6-7. There ARE difference other than hp.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Comparing them visually there is a difference. The 96 has a 78bu/min elevator while the 97 has a 100bu/min. I can see a difference in person and have been told by many. I'm sure someone else on here can show you a link??

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It does say in the new sales brochure the 97 has a larger clean grain capacity than the 96. Larger augers and a faster elevator.

The self leveling sieves are optional for the 97, but not available for the 96.

·
Registered
123 Posts
They need to change there sales brouchers then because by looking at them the only difference is hp. Also pretty much every where else I have looked has led me to believe this too. This is the first place I have seen that told the differences.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I agree that it should be clearly stated, i was led to belive it was only the horsepower and after all the disscusion we went with a 9670 and have it chipped 20%, running a 612C at 4 mph fairly flat land 200bushel corn, and a big top graintank. works pretty well

·
Registered
50 Posts
Have the 9.0 liter engine, tried the TS Performace didnt work at all, then tried a Bully dog one and that threw codes also, Currently using a Agricultural performace chip, have it turned up all the way to 20% and wish there was more lol, but very happy with it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.