The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have part time farmed with my dad for 30 years in West Texas. We only have farmed 200 acres, of that 100 is in permanent coastal grass, and the other 100 is hay grazer. I have always wanted to own a combine and would only have 50 to 100 acres of wheat. Limited farm budget-- so what is an old combine and header that would be suitable for me?

·
Registered
9,738 Posts
What's your budget, for them kind of acres there are some nice old cyl/walker machines tucked away in sheds that no one gave up but they have been using them for a shelf in the back of the shed and if they take the time to clean up the garbage stacked around them they wouldn't miss them

·
Registered
230 Posts
Do you have a combine wrecker nearby? As machines get older it seems the manufacturers/dealers want to charge a lot for any parts. Find something that is/was pretty common for your area. A bigger sized machine would just let you get done quicker so you wouldn't have to burn so much midnight oil. Might not be much different in price. Have fun in this new venture. Why do you call it 'permanent' coastal grass?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.