The Combine Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
that would be the only deere sold west of the QE2. Collapsible hopper and 400 hp in a hybrid conventional, with deeres ams package. I must be dreaming

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
So is that just a cts in a 9600 frame then?

·
Registered
305 Posts
I wonder what mods they did to that 9L motor to get 400 hp out of it? Perhaps none of that EGR feldergarb? Or maybe that is metric hp,

·
Registered
817 Posts
It's NOT a 9600 width, same a s CTS, 9500 cylinder and shoe with latest cab, 400hp and folding tank cover. Silly mother Deere!

·
Premium Member
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The C 670 is buildt in my hometown Zweibruecken,they also buildt the W and T series there and the Deere forage harvesters.Those 400hp are true hp.Many guys are sure that if mother Deere would allow the german engineers to build a wide frame CTS,it would perform like a Lexion 600...That C 670 really shines when it gets tough,would be the perfect combine for most of western canada...not to mention the hillmaster levelling system for rolling fields.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Jaydee, so what is Deere's reason NOT to? They could use a 530hp 13.5L. I am baffled! Perhaps would it make the commitment to STS look dumb and dumber?

·
Premium Member
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You just answered your question fjlip...They just dont want anything except the STS have success in north america,look how poor they advertise and promote even the T-series,and they are really good combines too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts