The Combine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for some opinions on putting a New Holland P1060 tank behind a Morris C2 drill. Looking at getting a new drill but was thinking of maybe putting a used p1060 tank behind it. Found a tank that has never seen fertilizer for a good price so should I consider this or not? One thing I'm not sure about is that some of the morris dividers will have 7 ports and some 8 ports so with the p1060 tank, if I'm thinking correctly, the 8 port ones would be getting less seed to them. Would this be enough to notice? Not familiar with the new Holland tanks but am thinking that each run puts out the same amount of seed, unlike the morris ones which the width of the meter wheel determines the seed output and can be changed to compensate for more ports. Currently using a Morris 7300 tank and could put this behind the drill but would like something a little larger. So I guess what im wondering is should I consider the New Holland tank or just try find a good used Morris 8370XL tank. Have not ruled out a new 9450 Morris tank but if I can save a good chunk of money and get a used one I will.

·
Registered
42 Posts
We have run Morris C1 & C2 with FlexiCoil/Case IH tanks. Current running a C2 with a Case IH 3430 tank. Have not noticed a difference in plant population betwee 7 run manifolds and 8 run in any crop. What I like about our tank is that it's cheap, proven, easy to work with and accurate. Just wish it was a little bigger.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.