The Combine Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day everyone
Hello we have purchased a new to us Morris 9650 VR air cart with the C2 drill.
The issue we are have is calibrating the cart and it over applies on the rear 3 tanks and no one can tell us what wrong even the Morris tech. Very frustrated and had to rent a drill. Has anyone see this before. Is it software? Is it plates and meters?
Thanks
BF5A2119-51C8-45BB-9FF9-C586920B380C.jpeg

·
Registered
690 Posts
Have you emptied the tanks and cleaned all that dust out. Seems like a lot of fines.

Over application on only 1 airtank is usually caused by over pressurization of the tank, which could be incorrect pressurization line from wrong delivery tube or excessive space around the meters, so product is flowing past without being metered. When stationary with fans running does product trickle out the openers?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its Tank 2,3,4 which are the fert tanks. Have cleaned out many times. When calibrating we can get the percentage down to 1.5% but the Lb/rev will be 3.99 and every time we recalibrate the number just get higher and higher and have had it at 5 lb/rev. When stationary it doesn’t trick out.

·
Registered
672 Posts
You have the course meter plate in. Put the orange one in there. The blue one is for canola.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So are the yellow plates just to course? We are using a blend with potash will we have issue metering with the orange plates?

·
Registered
143 Posts
So are the yellow plates just to course? We are using a blend with potash will we have issue metering with the orange plates?
i was told by a Morris guy that the seed plate has nothing too do with metering. It’s only purpose is to keep the seed of fertilizer from running out of the tank

·
Registered
672 Posts
You guys can think whatever you want. When I used the med plate for peas it was 30% light compaired to the course plate. Both calibrated correct.

If it made zero difference, they would only have one choice, not 3.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Ok so there must be still something wrong with the way it’s metering.
I have never been impressed doing a calibration and trusting it in the field. I never seems consistent in the yard. I just use my numbers from previous years and do a density check on the product going in the tank. That way I know exactly what is in each tank then I seed them basically completely empty and adjust my cal number by the percentage I was out
Right now my 35-15 blend is tank 2, 2.7/rev. Tank 3, 2.3/rev. Tank 4, 2.41/rev. It doesn’t make sense too me why they are so different but once you get it set it seems too stay quite accurate

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have never been impressed doing a calibration and trusting it in the field. I never seems consistent in the yard. I just use my numbers from previous years and do a density check on the product going in the tank. That way I know exactly what is in each tank then I seed them basically completely empty and adjust my cal number by the percentage I was out
Right now my 35-15 blend is tank 2, 2.7/rev. Tank 3, 2.3/rev. Tank 4, 2.41/rev. It doesn’t make sense too me why they are so different but once you get it set it seems too stay quite accurate

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts