The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would share my Cab cam project with you all. This previous harvest I decided I wanted to look over my upper sieve from in the cab. In order to do this I installed a camera in the center of the bracket that holds the rear bearings for the bed augers. The camera looks back over the top of the upper sieve. The results blew me away.
The camera preformed flawlessly, it never built up with chaff and always seemed to work. In heavy wheat there was to much chaff to see over the sieve, but in seed grass i was amazed. When thrashing I could watch the material bounce along the entire way out the back. When you pulled out of the cut you could watch everything clean out and see that your sieve was not plugged, and was still running true.
If anyone has problems with crap building up in this area this idea is for you. Only thing I would do different is to put two cameras on each side so you could see the entire thing front to back.
Has anyone else tried using cameras in different spots. Not going to be using it this year though since the 2388 went down the road for a shiny new 8010!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Have used cameras for several years. I have a wireless one on top of the combine grain tank that I watch from the aug. wag. tractor. It shows me the sample and lets me know where to b and when. I hav a second monitor that is connected 2 a remote control camera on top of the aug. wag tractor. I use it 2 load the wag. when under the bine then rotate it over 2 load semis. Tried one in the bine cab 2 watch the monitor but had 2 hav it 2 close and that bugged my operator.

·
Registered
40 Posts
8010when brilliant idea id say very interesting to c i know which side and where the sieves are loading up

1 - 3 of 3 Posts