The Combine Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are any fo you guys running cameras anywhere on your harvesters? I`m thinking of putting one looking at the sieves and also in the bin. Any suggestions on brands etc?

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
We have really good luck with the A&I cabcam sold through Deere parts. Don't know if your really be able to see anything on the sieves though.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I am using a camera at the top of the extensions of the grain hopper. I just went to an auto parts store and bought a $50 dollar back up for a vehicle camera and mounted that. No more cleaning up the pile of grain on top of the cab!!!!!!

·
Registered
735 Posts
It's not that it is too dark as those cameras have night vision but it is too dirty to see. I have tried on sieves and in rotor area only to see a dusty chaff blizard.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I tried one that supposedly had night vision on the top of the grain tank and you couldn't see jack once the sun went down. It's little lights lit up but they didn't seem strong enough. Agree with you about the dust in the sieves, that was what I kind of meant, should have said dusty instead of dark i spose.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
hey jdmad did you see a certain peanut producing property up in the territory advertised for sale in the countrylife today? interesting development....

·
Registered
21 Posts
We put a Waeco colour cam on our CTS this summer. Mounted it near the end of the unloader. You can see your front trailer when your on the road and any cars that are behind you. When your unloading into tall trucks, you can see if you overflowing the other side. Going to fit another to view the grain bin & engine bay for next summer.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey bundy i haven`t seen the country life yet. Can you send me a email witha bit more goss please. I`m always interested with what you hear about that certain company.
Thanks mate!!!!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
we had the idea last year to put a cam on the comb trailers but now we truck every thing seams a waste. the old man reckons would have been good to see the traffic behind you on the road.

·
Registered
39 Posts
We run with two cab cam. systems , Our 9770 has three cameras on it's monitor ( 1st. in the Grain Tank , 2nd. for Backing Up & 3rd. pointing down into the grain cart ). The Grain Cart has two cameras on it ( one for backing up and the other pointing down into the truck box.The grain tank and truck box cameras are great !!!! Everything gets filled with no spills.

·
Registered
131 Posts
We've sold lots of the A&I Cab Cam system at the Deere dealer that I work at. Last fall and late summer we had trouble keeping enough in stock. One customer that I know of bought a complete system just for silage cutting. They set the camera aimed at the scale readout in their scale house and the display was placed in the window of the scale house so they could record their weights without getting out of the trucks. Saved them lots of wear and tear on backs and knees.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts