The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Does anyone know around how much one of these would cost in very good condition from a salvage yard? Also is the cab from a 9750STS from the same year the same as the cab on a 9650STS? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
177 Posts
The cab shell is the same between a 9650sts and 9750sts in the same model year. The differences will be in the originally installed options. For example...field office or no field office. The other differences will be in the armrest and cornerpost. All of the buttons should be on the armrest, you might have to uncover buttons and change addresses (and possible do some calibrations...depending on option again) to make features/options match up.

As far as the cornerpost goes, 9650sts has to match up with 9650sts and 9750sts has to match up with 9750sts because of its communication with the engine controller. You might have to get a new cornerpost and have a dealer install it to make sure that all of the addresses are aligned and have the correct inputs. Just a word of caution . . . don't think you can do the cornerpost yourself. It may work for awhile (a grace period), but it may quit working after that grace period is over and hours haven't been programmed. Then you'll definitely need a dealer...because you'll need a new one or have to ask them to try to send it back to the factory to be reset.

Good luck,

Chad

·
Super Moderator
2,516 Posts
Quote:Hi,
Does anyone know around how much one of these would cost in very good condition from a salvage yard? Also is the cab from a 9750STS from the same year the same as the cab on a 9650STS? Any help would be appreciated.

May I ask why you need a cab?
Just curious, no need to answer if you don't want to.
Welcome to the forum.

Don

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response, Chad and Don. Your description there Chad, was what I needed to hear. That sort of insight and blokes answering queries like that is what makes these forums great.
The reason I am asking is that we have found here in Australia a John Deere 9650STS with an accident damaged (not burnt) cab. It is quite reasonably priced but the problem there in lays with finding the cab. There may not be one in Australia in good condition on a wreck and if there was, the wreckers would probably charge like a wounded bull if he knew that you needed one.
I am just curious about this as a proposition. Are they there in the US and what sort of money would they be asking? We have been using a New Holland TR85 for nearly 20 years. Been a bloody good header but always wanted to update one day.

Thanks, Darren.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts