The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to add a wireless camera mostly for filling rear hopper on a tri axle trailer. Which brand seems to work the best. Not much fun sprinting to the truck seat and then back to look if moved too far or enough.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Cab Cam is a good choice but keep in mind "Wireless" need 12 volts to operate, most guys pull power from the marker lights for the power.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks
Would like to go to cell phone thinking or the paccar smart nav in truck. Seen some online that are battery operated but pretty sure in the northern climate battery wouldn't last to long.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I have a wireless camera that works off of WiFi, some days it works fantastic, other days the lag makes it useless. I think a dedicated wireless camera and monitor may work better.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
We're pretty much junking all our dedicated analog wireless stuff and putting tablets and wi-fi camera's in its place. Definitely better signal from the wi-fi but there's probably better and worse stuff out there.
Once you’ve had camera’s your pretty much ruined for loading without :22: Makes loading with a pair of 12’s possible and a fools game without!

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
I got one from Larsen lights, its a little more money than the eBay/amazon ones but I haven't had a problem with it in two years(we have cool winters as well). No lag time at all, if you go this route make sure to go in settings and set it in "Real Time".. My phone stays connected to the camera at a pretty far distance as well, easily stays connected within a 100 yards. I got a magnet for the camera as well and can place wherever on the auger or trailer.

https://www.larsenlights.com/wifi-camera-for-ipad-android

1 - 7 of 7 Posts