The Combine Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, seems like Camso tracks are almost impossible to find for a Versatile 550dt. And the price tag is ridiculous. I’m looking for 36” tracks.
I hear there is a few different aftermarket tracks out there, like tank tuff. Have you guys had any experience with aftermarket tracks without and issues? They’re near the half the price, almost seems to good to be true. Want to make the right call

· Registered
23 Posts
Camso is supposed to have alloted all tracks to new production only thats the story we got told. Have been trying to get a 30 inch camso since July 2021

got a gtw in less then 2 weeks when we ordered fit on without any issues. Seems to have the same tread depth as our 550 dt camsos wity 3000 hrs.

Sadly name of the game right now with supply issues is get what you can because you might not get the opportunity later when you need it.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where did you order your gtw from? I’ve heard of some guys on forums having alignment issues. Maybe that’s an old issue though I’m not sure. Would you say it’s comparable to a 3500 series or a 6500 series? Any warranty or anything that comes with them to at least get them setup or past breakin?

· Registered
23 Posts
We got it from shop in Lloydminster when they put an order in. Not sure who'd you use in the states.

Its definitely more like a 3500 camso. And it aligned alright we had a versatile tech out and we spent some time but for the last 3 quarters it seemed properly aligned.

Ive only had our dt for 130 hrs so don't know much about tracks. Learning as we found a bad track when we bought it dealer was to put in a camso. We bought a gtw just incase and needed it put on.

And they were advertised as a 2000 hr warranty i believe

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh ok what shop in Lloydminster? I’m actually here in Sask as well, don’t know why it says US. I’m new to the tracks as well. Just bought the tractor in the summer and have maybe 50 hours on it max.

2 of the tracks are actually Case tracks on mine, other 2 are versatile but one of them has some wear on the sides of drive lugs and a missing traction lug. What was wrong with your track that you had to change it?
I’d like to try get through a season but don’t want to find out the hard way. Do you know what the 2000 hr warranty would cover? Just catastrophic failure or alignment issues as well?

· Registered
23 Posts
Youngs Agri-Service in Lloydminster @ 780-872-5800 not sure what the warranty covers would have to call and ask them think it was a guy named Cameron that put the deal together.

We had to replace ours as our drive lugs were starting to pull apart. Case Mechanic buddy told me to swap it out asap when i showed him a picture. As it was right beside the yard and wa easier to do. There then in the middle of the field.

If i could post pictures i would. I do have some in the versatile tractor group on Facebook.

It costs money to have a spare but in our eyes when we had that bad track worst that happens is your down for a day at most vs possible weeks if you don't have one. Especially since no one has machines on lots to rent you right now.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info. I’ll give them a call here today. I totally agree, it’s definitely worth having the spare or just changing them. The shortage of everything is getting old. I was looking at tracks in the spring and they’ve probably went up 5k since then. So it’s probably best to just bite the bullet I guess. I mean if the gtw tracks are a decent enough track for ag use, then why not for the price if they last. Camso 6500 tracks are definitely built heavier but aren’t indestructible. Ours is a scraper tractor with 2500 hours and by the sounds of it from the previous owner this is far from the first set of tracks.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Might be a good idea. I’ve talked to them in the past, can’t remember why we didn’t go that route. I do have one track with a missing traction lug. One outer cord is fraying/broke. Looks fairly minor right now but you’d think only can get worse. Don’t know how fast they’ll go down hill.

· Registered
5,131 Posts
Camso is the top of the line but what does it matter if you can’t get it. We brought in a couple Chinese sets when we found out if we had a track go we’d be screwed. They actually look really decent but haven’t tried them yet either.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts