The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
yes indeed, congrats on the switch. I know how difficult of a decision it is to change brands especially combines when so many different header changes are required. I'm confident you will be amazed at the simplicity, reliability, low losses, and clean sample you get, not to mention the capacity that will beat any other machine out there. You will fall in love with the cab as it is the quietest, most thought out cab out there. Send me a personal message anytime and I can help you with any questions you may have.

·
Super Moderator
4,580 Posts
HAHA Don!!

Not much to add, hope the move turns out well for ya!
Which I'm sure it will.
I like the CR as well but do not care for it's feeder/stone trap setup also that bolt in the concave linkage.
Solid rumors seem to indicate a new feeder is being tested.
The rotor drive on the 07 9070 I ran also left something to be desired but that was changed in 08?
I see the 9090 has those outside the pulleys shaft brace, al la Claas.
Beyond that I like CR's, best cab, controls work the correct way (unlike CIH/Lexion) but I'm not a big fan of hydro handle push button reverse setup but I guess you'd get used to that.
I believe they can thresh the cleanest with the least loss and damage.
I not saying this just in the spirit of the season, however...
Merry Christmas Jester.

Don

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
I have heard rumors of a new feeder as well. Seems to be a marketing decision (lots of people won't even look at a CR because they want a dirt and chaff trap), as most of the engineers that I talked to think that a stone trap will result in reduced feeding capacity.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I traded 2 9770's and my biggest factor was quality concerns with Deere. 1st year was all about software and the second it was all about engines. Deere's arrogant attitude reminds of GM from the 70's and 80's( An everything else is crap and you be a complete idiot to consider anything else attitude)we all know how that turned out. The 9080's are nice machines with big cabs, big capacity and hopefully bigtime reliability. Oh well, had to know for myself, I'll find out in not too many months.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts