The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys im just looking for some opinions on pulling a new drill next spring. I currently pull a Bourgault 3310 65’ with mrbs 10” spacing and a 6550 tank. I pull it with a 9430 chipped to 500 hp and 78gpm pump with 800s and weights on all tires. Pulls it quite easily. The drill im looking at is the same set up 66’ 3320, only catch is it has a 6700 tank behind it. Wondering if i have enough power to pull it. Motsly flat land a few hills. Dont want to abuse my tractor too much just because its chipped. Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hey guys im just looking for some opinions on pulling a new drill next spring. I currently pull a Bourgault 3310 65’ with mrbs 10” spacing and a 6550 tank. I pull it with a 9430 chipped to 500 hp and 78gpm pump with 800s and weights on all tires. Pulls it quite easily. The drill im looking at is the same set up 66’ 3320, only catch is it has a 6700 tank behind it. Wondering if i have enough power to pull it. Motsly flat land a few hills. Dont want to abuse my tractor too much just because its chipped. Thanks for any input!

I pulled the same set up with my 9430 this spring. you will be fine. I found the automatic shift button handy in the few hills that I have. Do you have 3/4 hydraulic couplers?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I pulled the same set up with my 9430 this spring. you will be fine. I found the automatic shift button handy in the few hills that I have. Do you have 3/4 hydraulic couplers?
Sorry for the super late reply just thinking about drills again. Yes it has 3/4 coouplers. and curious is your 9430 chipped?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yes it is chipped, I didn’t feel it was over worked. I pulled the chip off for field work last fall, so maybe I’ll try without it to start and see how it does. As long as the tractor is fully weighted up. Mine has all 4 corners inner weight, and full outer rear wheel weights. No outer front. I could probably use more weight over the rear axle when the cart is full.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts