The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to a IH rotary, but I am buying my deceased bro in law's '79 1460 and he was running a 820 bean head, but it was beat up some, so I was wondering if I could update to a 1020 bean head, would I have to manually run it for header height control?

·
Registered
277 Posts
yes you can. I have a good friend that runs a 1020 on a 1981 1460. I believe it is a 20 or 22 ft. I can check if you want me to.

·
Registered
211 Posts
If it is eletric over hydraulic combine, you need 1400 series header height potentiometer on back of header. If the combine has cable operated height control, you need to get the proper cable for it.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Where are you from? I might have what you need. If you get it figured out post the part numbers and I'll check what I have.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I don't believe IH went to the electric over hydraulic until 1981. So if your combine is a 79 model you will need the cable control for it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have a 78 1460 and run a newer 1020 head on it I just run it manual it works fine it just requires running the hieght manual.

·
Registered
352 Posts
o i was thinking you might have to change the deflectors on the front of the feeder house faceplate for the larger auger because it will hit it. we will have to on our 1460 if we want to run the our 1020 head because our 810 head had the small auger

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm also looking to run a 1020 on an older 1480 with mechanical HH control. Goalie what are you thinking you have to do this with since we aren't that far apart might be worth a drive to see or email me at [email protected]

Weapon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts