The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if Macdon D135XL can harvest canola? I asked and did a search but I wasn't able to find a reliable answer.
attached are the pictures of the header.

any help is appreciated. Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will buy it with the macdon 1170 which is compatible with this header. I need to know if this is able to harvest canola.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Yes it will windrow canola. That is one of the main reasons it is made. But it has to attach to a macdon windrow tractor, you can not make windrows with a combine.

I am not totally sure if you can buy an FD1 center adapter and hook it to your combine or not? I don’t think you can as that header has the deeper draper like the new FD2 series has.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean by "harvest canola." So I will assume your question is, "can this header be mounted to a combine?" I'm led to believe the answer to that question is, "no." The mount points of the XL header are not compatible with the combine adapter.

If you always harvest swathed canola, then yes, this header will work fabulously to swath canola, speeding up the harvest.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I would imagine he’s talking about swathing the canola if he’s saying it’s a 1170 tractor and 135 header.
Yes it can swath canola

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess I meant swathing by saying 'harvesting'. I'm not familiar with the terms but thank you all for the replies, now i know this can swath canola :D

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Yeah that header was designed specifically for canola with the deeper table. A far cry better from the old 15 foot versatile swather we tried to swath canola with many years ago!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts