The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title suggests, is there any issues with running two bases stations mounted on the one tower? If not how far do the antennas need to be apart? We're looking to add a Trimble base station to a tower which already runs a Gps Ag rtk set up rather than build another tower.
Thanks.

·
Registered
85 Posts
We have done this with a topcon uhf base and a gps Ag base on VHF. We put one aerial the height of the aerial lower and off to one side the same amount. It's been working great for two years. I did some research on running two on the same bandwidth, VHF, or uhf. All I was told was that you should be fine as long as you run good low loss cable and use two frequencies quite a bit apart. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks tango, good to hear someone has done it. Did you need to upgrade your power supply when you added the second?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Depends what kind of power supply is already there. I know Autofarm based only draw 2 or 3 amps so if there is a 10 amp power supply if say your fine.

·
Registered
85 Posts
We are running all our bases off solar. Had one of mains power got to expensive and it burnt earlier this year. we're we are running the two systems we are running two complete separate powered system. 2x 80watt solar panels and 1x 100ah deep cycle batterie.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts